VAV Zone Single Duct controller
Product Integrated Controller
The VAV Zone II Single Duct controller provides zone level temperature and air quality control for a variety of pressure-independent VAV applications. This advanced controller features a separable actuator for easy installation onto single duct air terminals. It also features native BACnet communications and plug-andplay connectivity to the Carrier i-Vu Building Automation System.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Sophisticated factory-engineered and tested control programs provide reliability and energy efficiency
- Pressure independent space temperature control
- Supports modulating hot water, single-position hot water, single-stage electric heat, or zone perimeter heat
- Built-in advanced control routines for zone level humidity control or zone level demand control ventilation (ASHRAE® 62)
- Adaptive optimal start and PID control for maximum occupant comfort
- Supports Carrier communicating room sensors, which allow for local setpoint adjustment and local overrides
- Quick and easy test & balancing process
- Integrated Carrier airside linkage algorithm for plug-and-play integration with Carrier air sources
- Fully plug-and-play with the Carrier i-Vu Building Automation System
- Supports demand limiting for maximum energy savings
- Compatible with i-Vu Tenant Billing for tracking tenants’ after-hours energy usage Hardware Benefits
- Separable brushless actuator for reliability and longevity
- Capable of system or stand-alone operation
- Native BACnet MS/TP or ARCnet communications
|BACnet Support||Advanced Application Controller (B-AAC), as defined in BACnet 135-2012 Annex L Protocol rev. 9|
|Communication Ports||BACnet Port: EIA-485 port for BACnet MS/TP communications (9600 bps, 19.2 kbps, 38.4 kbps, & 76.8) or ARCnet 156 kbps;
Local Access Port: For system start-up and troubleshooting (115.2 kbps)
Rnet Port: For connecting Carrier communicating room sensors and Carrier's touchscreen user interface
ARCnet Port: For connecting the actuator cable
|Separable Actuator||Brushless DC motor, torque 45 inch-pounds (5Nm), runtime 205 seconds for 90 degree travel during control.|
|Integral Pressure Sensor||Precision low flow AWM series O-2 in H2O, sensitive down to +/-0.001 in. H2O. Barbed tapered airflow connections accept 3/16 in. (4.75 mm) ID tubing. Allows for readings across the 0-2 in H2O range, accurate to +/-5% of full flow at 2 in. H2O.|
|Inputs||3 analog inputs: RH/CO2 (0-5V), T55 (10k thermistor), SAT (10k thermistor). AIs have 10 bit A/D resolution.
1 binary input: Remote Occupancy (dry contact).
|Outputs||1 analog output: Hot Water Valve/Actuator (HWV/ACT). AO is 0 to 10VDC (5mA maximum) with 8 bit D/A resolution using filtered PWM.
1 binary output: HEAT1. Relay contact rated at 1A max @ 24VAC/VDC, configured normally open.
|Protection||Incoming power and network connections are protected by non-replaceable internal solid state polyswitches that reset themselves when the condition that causes a fault returns to normal. The power, network, input and output connections are also protected against voltage transient and surge events.|
|Battery||10-year lithium CR2032 battery provides a minimum of 10,000 hours of trend data retention during power outages.|
|Status Indicators||LED status indicators for BACnet communication, run status, error, power and all digital outputs|
|Controller Addressing||Rotary DIP switches set BACnet MS/TP or ARCnet address|
|Listed by||UL-916 (PAZX), cUL-916 (PAZX7), FCC Part 15-Subpart B-Class A, CE EN50082-1997, UL94-5VA plenum rated enclosure|
|Environmental Operating Range||Operating: 32° to 130°F (0° to 54°C) 10 to 90% RH, non-condensing
Storage: -24° to 140°F (-30° to 60°C) 10 to 90% RH, non-condensing
|Power Requirements||24VAC +/- 10%, 50-60Hz, 14 VA power consumption, 26VDC (25V min, 30V max), single class 2 source only, 100 VA or less|
California residents please see Proposition 65
|California Prop 65||Yes||Hazardous Material||No|
|Weights and Dimensions|
|Operating Weight (lbs)||1.8||Exterior Dimensions (D) (inches)||2.500000||Exterior Dimensions (W) (inches)||8.930000||Exterior Dimensions (H) (inches)||5.870000||Shipping Weight (lbs)||1.800000|