i-Vu® Building Automation System TruVu™ MPC I/O Expanders (4 Outputs, 8 Inputs)
MPC I/O Expanders
TV-MPCXPIO48, TV-MPCXPIO812, TV-MPCXPIO012
The Carrier® TruVu™ MPC I/O expanders provide I/O point capacity for the TruVu MPC Processor. Flexible and versatile, the TruVu MP Processor supports multiple I/O configurations for accomplishing both common and custom HVAC control strategies.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Comprehensive library of factory-engineered control programs available for complete air-side and waterside system control
- Graphically programmable using the Snap programming tool
- Adds up to 180 I/O points to the TruVu MPC Processor
- Removable screw terminals for I/O connections
- Supports din-rail or screw tab mounting
- Hand-Auto-Off switches on all output channels
- Software selectable configuration - no jumpers
- Expanders can be mounted to MPC processor in a compact configuration or remotely mounted up to 1000 feet away
- Fully plug-and-play with the Carrier i-Vu® building automation system
- Supports demand limiting and optimal start for maximum energy savings
- Compatible with i-Vu Tenant Billing for tracking tenants’ after-hours energy usage
|Communication Ports||IO Bus port: Provides communication for wired TruVu MPC I/O expanders that are powered by external power supplies.
IO Bus edge connector: 6-pin connector that provides communication and power to a directlyconnected TruVu MPC I/O expander
|Inputs||TV-MCXPIO48: 8 inputs
TV-MPCXPIO812: 12 inputs
TV-MPCXPIO012: 12 inputs
-Inputs software configurable for 0-5 VDC, 0-10 VDC, 0-20 mA, thermistor (5k, 10k Type II), 1k RTD (Platinum,Nickel, or Balco), and Dry Contact.
-Inputs are 16 bit A/D and support up to 40 pulses per second (12.5 msec min. pulse).
|Outputs||TV-MCXPIO48: 4 outputs
TV-MPCXPIO812: 8 outputs
-Outputs can be set as analog or binary outputs.
-Analog outputs can be used for 0-10 VDC, 0-20 mA (12 bit A/D).
-Binary outputs have a built-in relay and can be used to switch external devices or relays up to 1A, 30Vac/Vdc.
-HAO (hand/auto/off) switches are on each output, including potentiometers for manual adjustment of analog outputs.
|Protection||Two fast acting, 5mm x 20mm glass fuses:
• A 2A fuse for the TV-MPCXPIO expander’s power
• A 4A fuse for the I/O bus edge connector
• The power and network ports comply with the EMC requirements EN50491-5-2.
|Status Indicators||LED status of communications, power, running, errors, and outputs|
|Compliance||United States of America: FCC compliant to Title CFR47, Chapter 1, Subchapter A, Part 15, Subpart B, Class A; UL listed to UL916, PAZX, Energy Management Equipment
Canada: Industry Canada Compliant, ICES-003, Class A; cUL listed UL 916, PAZX and Energy Management Equipment
Europe: EN50491-5-2:2009; Part 5-2: EMC requirements for HBES/BACS used in residential, commercial and light industry environment EN50491-3:2009, Part 3: Electrical safety requirements for Home and Building Electronic Systems (HBES) and Building Automation and Control Systems (BACS) Low Voltage Directive: 2014/35/EU RoHS Compliant: 2011/65/EU
Australia and New Zealand: C-Tick Mark, AS/NZS 61000-6-3
|Real Time Clock||Real-time clock keeps track of time in the event of a power failure for up to 3 days.|
|Environmental Operating Range||-40 to 158ºF (-40 to 70ºC) 10 to 95% RH, non-condensing|
California residents please see Proposition 65
|California Prop 65||Yes||Hazardous Material||No|
|Weights and Dimensions|
|Operating Weight (lbs)||1.1||Exterior Dimensions (D) (inches)||2.090000||Exterior Dimensions (W) (inches)||6.950000||Exterior Dimensions (H) (inches)||6.900000||Shipping Weight (lbs)||1.100000|