AIR HANDLER TECHNOLOGY AT ITS FINEST
The FX4D fan coils combine the proven technology of Carrier fan coil units with Puron®, the environmentally sound refrigerant. These fan coils are loaded with popular features. Factory-installed, refrigerant-specific thermostatic expansion valves (TXV) are standard with these fan coil designs. The designs feature contoured condensate pans with rugged, drain connections, ensuring that little water is left in the unit at the end of the cooling duty cycle. The lack of standing condensate and corrosion free pans improves IAQ and product life, features homeowners appreciate.
Standard features include grooved tubing and louvered aluminum fins. The large face areas of the refrigerant coils provide superior efficiency for high SEER and HSPF performance. Coil circuiting has also been updated to make the most of all Carrier heat pumps and air conditioners. Also units come with solid state fan controls, 1-in (25mm) thick insulation with R-value of 4.2, multi-speed motors, and fully-wettable coils. Units can accommodate factory-and/or field-installed heaters from 3 to 30 kW.
Assembled at the factory compliant with low leak requirements of less than 2% cabinet leakage rate at 0.5 inches W.C. and 1.4% cabinet leakage rate at 0.5 inches W.C. when tested in accordance with ASHRAE 193 standard.
The FX4D fan coil is the Puron® refrigeration design loaded with popular features. It comes in a pre-painted (taupe metallic) galvanized steel casing and is shipped with a cleanable, permanent framed filter, and a factory-supplied power plug. These fan coils utilize the latest in electronic commutation motor (ECM) technology through the use of high efficiency, multi-tap ECM motors.
• Multi-tap ECM (electronic commutating motor) motors - all sizes.
• Integrated motor controls have replaced integrated circuit board.
• Large, grooved tube, louvered fin coils.
• Efficient, quiet, time-tested blower housings and diffusers.
• Sturdy, drainable condensate pans.
• Cabinet construction features innovations designed to prevent cabinet sweating.
• Tested for condensate disposal in much tougher conditions than Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute requirements.
• Super-thick R-4.2 insulation with vapor barrier.
• Pre-painted galvanized steel cabinet. (taupe metallic)
• Installation-flexible, multipoise units.
• Horizontal hanging provisions on cabinet.
• No tools required to service filter.
• Factory-supplied, cleanable and reusable filter.
• Newly improved filter rack area filter door insulation added for improved air seal.
• Factory-installed heater packages available. (5- through 15-kW)
• 3- through 30-kW accessory heaters - field installed.
• Factory-supplied power plug.
• Easy plug-in provisions for heater installation.
• Entry options for high and low voltage wiring hook-up.
• Simple, 5-amp blade fuse (and a spare) to protect 40 VA transformer.
• Leak-preventing sweat connections.
• Modular cabinets available on 031 through 061 sizes.
• Designed for manufactured housing applications.
• Puron®, environmentally sound refrigerant.
• Factory-installed Puron® refrigerant thermostatic expansion valves (TXV).
• Factory-installed heater packages available.