Evolution® Extreme Variable-Speed, Heat Pump Condenser, 208/1
Bryant’s 280A Evolution® Extreme is a breakthrough product providing up to 13 HSPF heating efficiency and up to 20.5 SEER cooling efficiency. The variable speed capacity control results in strong heating capacity as the outdoor temperature drops resulting in less reliance on auxiliary heat. Lower speed operation, when needed in cooling, for enhanced comfort and dehumidification.
This product has been designed and manufactured to meet Energy Star® criteria for energy efficiency when matched with appropriate coil components. Refer to the combination ratings in the Product Data for system combinations that meet Energy Star® guidelines.
NOTE: Ratings contained in this document are subject to change at any time. Always refer to the AHRI directory (www.ahridirectory.org) for the most up-to-date ratings information.
FEATURES / BENEFITS
• 16.8 - 20 SEER/11.4 - 16 EER/10.3 - 13.0 HSPF.
• Microtube Technology™ refrigeration system.
• Indoor air quality accessories available.
• Sound level as low as 58 dBA in low speed.
• Variable speed compressor with capacity range from 40 - 100%
• Air cooled Inverter variable speed drive.
- System requires Evolution® Control (SYSTXBBUID01-D or SYSTXBBUIZ01-D software version 23 or newer)
• Energy Tracking capability with the Evolution® Connex™ Wall Control w/software version 13 or later (Energy Tracking has the ability to monitor and estimate the energy consumption of your Evolution® system).
• Non-ozone depleting Puron® refrigerant.
• Front-seating service valves.
• Evolution® Extreme Intelligence actively monitors critical system parameters.
• High pressure switch.
• Suction pressure transducer.
• Electronic expansion valve (EXV) for heating, TXV for cooling.
• Filter drier (field installed).
• External Muffler (field installed).
• Internal crankcase heater standard.
Flexibility and installation:
• 2 control wires to outdoor unit.
• Minimum and maximum airflow adjustments.
• Compressor heating RPM control.
• Hybrid Heat™ Dual Fuel capable.
DuraGuard™ protection package:
• Solid, Durable sheet metal construction.
• Steel louver coil guard.
• Baked-on, complete outer coverage, powder paint.
• Long-line - up to 250 feet (76.2 m) total equivalent length, up to 200 feet (60.96 m) condenser above evaporator, or up to 80ft. (24.38 m) evaporator above condenser (See Longline Guide for more information).