Evolution® 97% AFUE, Modulating, Variable Speed, Gas Furnace (FER), 115/1
The 987MB Multipoise Variable-Speed Condensing Gas Furnace features the modulating Evolution® System. The Perfect Heat® Technology modulating gas system is at the heart of the comfort provided by this furnace, along with the full-featured variable-speed, constant airflow, communicating blower motor, and variable-speed inducer motor. With an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) of up to 98.3%, the Evolution modulating gas furnace provides exceptional savings as well. This Evolution Gas Furnace also features 4-way multipoise installation flexibility, and is available in six model sizes. The 987MB can be vented for direct vent/two-pipe, ventilated combustion air. A Bryant Evolution® Control and Evolution® Air Conditioner or Heat Pump, can be used to form a complete Evolution System. Low NOx units are designed for California installations and meet 40 ng/J NOx emissions. Can be installed in air quality management districts with a 40 ng/J NOx emissions requirement. All sizes are design certified in Canada. This furnace is not designed for use in recreation vehicles, manufactured (mobile) homes or outdoors.
Note: Use of the AHRI Certified TM Mark indicates a manufacturer’s participation in the program. For verification of certification for individual products, go to www.ahridirectory.org.
• Our quietest furnace. Compare for yourself at HVACpartners.com.
• Compatible with single and multi-zone Evolution® systems.
• Evolution Features match with the Evolution® Control for Evolution® System benefits.
• All sizes meet ENERGY STAR® Version 4.0 criteria for gas furnaces: 95%+AFUE
• Ideal height 35” (889 mm) cabinet: short enough for taller coils, but still allows enough room for service.
• Silicon Nitride Igniter PerfectLight™ Hot Surface Igniter.
• SmartEvap™ technology helps control humidity levels in the home when used with a compatible humidity control system.
• Fan On Plus™ technology allows control of continuous fan speed from a compatible thermostat.
• External Media Filter Cabinet included.
• 4-way multipoise design for upflow, downflow or horizontal installations, with unique vent elbow and optional through- the-cabinet downflow venting capability.
• Variable-Speed blower and inducer motors, modulating gas valve.
• Self-diagnostics and extended diagnostic data through the Advanced Product Monitor (APM) accessory or Evolution® User Interface.
• Adjustable blower speed for cooling, continuous fan, and dehumidification.
• Aluminized-steel primary heat exchanger.
• Stainless-steel condensing secondary heat exchanger.
• Propane convertible (See Accessory list).
• Factory-configured ready for upflow applications.
• Fully-insulated casing including blower section.
• Convenient Air Purifier and Humidifier connections.
• Direct-vent/sealed combustion or ventilated combustion air venting.
• Installation flexibility: sidewall or vertical vent.
• Residential installations may be eligible for consumer financing through the Retail Credit Program.
• Cabinet air leakage less than 2.0% at 1.0 in. W.C. and cabinet air leakage less than 1.4% at 0.5 in. W.C. when tested in accordance with ASHRAE standard 193.