The 59SC5B Multipoise Comfort™ Condensing Gas Furnace features SEER-boosting year-round electrical efficiency when paired with a compatible condensing unit. Energy efficiency is at the heart of this furnace with up to 96.5% AFUE, gas efficiency and the electrically-efficient fixed-speeds, constant torque (FCT) ECM blower motor. This gas furnace also features 4-way multipoise installation flexibility, and is available in eleven model sizes. All sizes except the 26,000 BTUH model can be vented for direct vent/two-pipe, ventilated combustion air, or single-pipe applications. The 26,000 BTUH model can use the same 2-pipe venting system using outside air for combustion, but is not considered direct-vent. All sizes are design certified in Canada, and select sizes are certified for mobile/manufactured home use with conversion kit accessory.
• Fixed-speeds, constant torque (FCT) ECM blower motor for electrically efficient operation all year long in heating, cooling and continuous fan operation.
• Single-speed inducer motor, and single-stage gas valve
• Silicon Nitride PowerHeat™ Hot Surface Igniter.
• Adjustable blower speed for heating and cooling.
• Aluminized-steel primary heat exchanger.
• Stainless-steel condensing secondary heat exchanger.
• 4-way multipoise design for upflow, downflow or horizontal installation, with unique vent elbow and optional through-the cabinet downflow venting capability.
• Factory-configured ready for upflow applications.
• Ideal height 35” (889 mm) cabinet: short enough for taller coils, but still allows enough room for service.
• Two-pipe venting, single--pipe venting or ventilated combustion air.
• Approved for Twinning applications with accessory kit. (060E17-14, 080E17-16, 80E21-20, 100E21-20, 120E24-22, 140E24-22 models, only).
• Approved for Manufactured Housing/Mobile Home applications with MH accessory kit. (040E14-10 through 120E24-22
• Convertible to propane with gas conversion accessory kit.
• All sizes meet ENERGY STAR® Version 4.1 criteria for gas furnaces: 95%+ AFUE.
• Cabinet air leakage less than 2.0% at 1.0 in. W.C. and cabinet air leakage less than 1.4% at 0.5 in. W.C. when tested in accordance
with ASHRAE standard 193.
S All sizes can be installed in air quality management districts with
a 40 ng/J NOx emissions requirement