Carrier Comfort Multipoise Furnace, 90% AFUE, Single-Stage, Fixed Speed, Ultra Low Nox (SCAQMD/SJVAPCD Compliant), 115/1
The 59SU5A Comfortt 95 Ultra-Low NOx Gas Furnace delivers consumer comfort in a unit that meets California’s South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) and San Joaquin Valley Air pollution Control District (SJVAPCD) NOx emissions limit of 14ng/J. Offering the performance and benefits of our Comfort Series gas furnaces, this furnace releases 65% less nitrogen oxides (NOx) than previous models. NOx contributes to the formation of smog and acid rain and the deterioration of water quality. Lower NOx emissions mean lower production of particulate matter and cleaner air for the environment. Energy efficiency is at the heart of this furnace with up to 95.0% AFUE gas efficiency and the electrically--efficient fixed-speeds, constant torque (FCT) ECM blower motor. This gas furnace also features Upflow/Horizontal installation flexibility, and is available in four model sizes. All sizes can be vented for direct vent/two-pipe, ventilated combustion air, or single-pipe applications.
• Ultra Low NOx - meets the nitrogen oxides (NOx) emission limit of 14 nanograms/joule for the South Coast Air Quality Management Districts and San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District in California.
• Fixed-speeds, constant torque (FCT) ECM blower motor for electrically efficient operation all year long in heating, cooling and continuous fan operation.
• Single-stage gas valve with pre-mix burner.
• Pilot free, hot surface ignition.
• Variable-speed inducer motor for consistent operation.
• High temperature limit control designed to prevent overheating.
• Adjustable blower speed for heating and cooling.
• Stainless-steel primary heat exchanger.
• Stainless-steel condensing secondary heat exchanger.
• Cabinet air leakage less than 2.0% at 1.0 in. W.C. and cabinet air leakage less than 1.4% at 0.5 in. W.C. when tested in accordance with ASHRAE Standard 193.
• Upflow/Horizontal design for upflow, horizontal right or horizontal left installation, with rotating vent elbow for exhaust venting flexibility.
• Factory-configured ready for upflow applications.
• Ideal height 35” (889 mm) cabinet: short enough for taller coils, but still allows enough room for service.
• Two-pipe venting, single-pipe venting or ventilated combustion air.
• Factory-configured for Natural Gas; not convertible to Liquid Propane.
• Not approved for downflow installation.
• Approved for installations up to 5,400 ft.